Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Preparations - HK Style Part 2

As preparations continue, today I did a lot of walking.  Hong Kong is interesting to walk around because sidewalks will come and go, streets will go up and down, people walk fast or very slowly, and at times wander a bit.  Carts arrive on sidewalks and streets as the hard working people deliver things to stores, and I am often surprised by what I find around certain corners. 

But this is all about the streets themselves.  Today I walked around Mid-Levels (where we live) and Central (just down the hill from us), so all of these shots are close to our home.  I hope you enjoy the variety that I saw today as much as I did.....and do every day! (remember to click on the picture to make it bigger if you want to see more details)

One of numerous stairs
that help shorten routes


There are often little squares to have a rest



Dusk settles (around 6 pm these days)
at a confusing corner where streets merge



One of many streets with little street food stalls



One of numerous alleyways full of
stalls....great, cheap shopping

 Sometimes we walk over the streets...this is when I am almost home

Last steps - the entrance to our apartment building
looking very festive!
Hope you enjoyed walking some streets nearby in Hong Kong with me as I continued my preparations for Christmas.  Once again, much easier than fighting for parking spots and dealing with traffic jams! 

Seven sleeps to cub arrival in HK!

How shall I travel tomorrow?????  Hmmm......

1 comment:

  1. I notice this was posted at some outlandish hour nearly 4.am. I hope that was EST and not Hong Kong time. Abd yesterdays after 1.20 am. You sound as though you were having some problems filling your time. I really enjoyed the video of the ferry ride. I have always enjoyed ferries, also. I was wondering where in a place like HK do they get their drinking water?

    ReplyDelete